I shopped a second time in one day, because I found deals on cleaning supplies I’ll use. I needed to go back to my room to figure out a budget for what I can spend on such things, then return to the store. Thankfully these two trips were on a day I had to stay at work, so I wasn’t wasting money on transportation. I work at an inn, so I have a room there for when we are having bad storms. The inn is right up the road from Kmart.
The main focus of this particular trip was cleaning supplies and candles. Everything I’ve picked up so far has been in line with the agreement I made with myself to only buy what I normally would, and only for this year. Here’s the breakdown:
- 10 (3 ounce) scented candles, various scents, sticker price of $1.00 each, paid $0.50 each. Saved $5.00.
- Windex wipes 28 ct. regularly priced at $3.19, paid $2.23. Saved $0.96.
- 2 (28 ounce) Pine Sol multi surface cleaners regularly priced at $1.99 each, paid $1.39 each. Saved $1.80.
- 32 ounce Clorox Fraganzia regularly priced at $1.99, paid, $1.39. Saved $0.60.
- 32 ounce Essential Home lemon dish soap regularly priced at $$1.49, paid $1.11. Saved 0.38.
- 2 (16 ounce) ounce Essential Home lemon dish soap regularly priced at $1.00 each, paid $0.75 each. Saved $0.50.
- Jergen’s 7.5 ounce extra moisturizing hand wash regularly priced at $1.39, paid $0.69. Saved $0.70.
- 6 Smart Sense 40 ct. Disinfectant wipes regularly priced at $2.00 each, paid $1.50 each. Saved $3.00.
- Smart Sense 22 ounce bathroom cleaner regularly priced at $2.49, paid $1.74. Saved $0.75.
Total saved = $13.69 + SYWR points @ $0.29 = $13.98
- Happy for the savings while I figure some things out as far as cleaning products go.
- I’ve noticed lately that cleaning product prices are more than I really care to spend, and they are even with these discounts.
- Looking to start making all my cleaning products. This will cost more initially, but spray bottles will be used over and over, so the price will drop over time.
Do you make your own cleaning products? What are your favorites?