The Holiday season can be expensive to get through, and I don’t have all the money in the world. I look for ways each year to save money, starting right after the previous Christmas.
- After the Yule and Christmas celebrations, I saved all the gift bags, wrapping paper, bows, ribbons, gift boxes, and tags to reuse the next year. Some members of my family also give me theirs, because they know I reuse it all.
- At the end of December last year, I bought a number of things on clearance saving over 50% of the total cost:
bows & ribbon
fillable clear plastic ornaments
- I’ve made a few ornaments using items I already had on hand and the Sharpie Extreme markers the company sent me (free). I made other crafts as well.
- I cashed in Kohl’s cash that guests at our inn gave to me, as well as some my sister gave me. This netted me 5 gifts for loved ones and a few holiday candles for myself. Free.
- I’m handing out holiday cards to everyone I can, instead of spending the money to mail them. Obviously, I still mail some.
- I’ve decided to limit the funds available for the Secret Santa gift, while still giving something the recipient will enjoy.
- I waited for sales for many of the gifts I’m giving.
How are you saving money this holiday season? Let us know below.