Previously, I published a post here called Free Samples. In that article, I listed freebies I had received and tried, or passed on to someone who could use them if I decided the products were not for me. That was June 10th of 2014.
Since then I have received many other samples, as well as other freebies. Some I sent for, some not so much. But I have worked on using or reading everything, or handing them over to others that will benefit from the products.
I should note a few things:
- I am a member of BzzAgent, from which I get full size products to try and then write reviews on.
- I also recently signed up for Swaggable, which is along the same line are BzzAgent.
- Once in a while someone will email offering to send me a product to try and then review on a blog. I only accept items I will actually use. I have turned down coffee samples and other things I know I wont use.
- On occasion, I enter a contest.
- I am also a member of GoodReads, and some of the books listed I won through their Giveaways program.
I was surprised the first time someone contacted me through email to try something, but I am glad I agreed. This is what I received. Ever since then, I have gotten a few other full size products in the same manner.
Things I’ve Won:
- DIY Nut Milk, Nut Butters, & More by Melissa King
- Famously Helpful by Justin Blaney
- Wealth of the One Percent by Sam Wilkin
- The Happiness of Pursuit by Chris Guillebeau
- 2 Prints by William Kearns of William Kearns Photography
- Parents Magazine
- American Baby Magazine
(My daughter and son-in-law had a baby in June. I prepared by getting these subscriptions to see what has changed for young mothers over the years.)
Then baby stuff started showing up at my door:
- 2 diaper samples
- Nursing pad samples
- 2 canisters plus 4 bottle of formula with coupons from Similac
- Baby wipes samples
I can’t remember all the brand names, but I put them things in with gifts for a few different baby showers.
Plus, I received these:
- Silk Original Cashew Milk, 1/2 gallon, NON GMO Project Verified, 50% more calcium
- Quaker Steel Cut Quick 3-Minute Oatmeal, 1 full box (8 packets), Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
- 2 3-Pack samples of Garnier Fructis fortifying shampoo, conditioner, and flatiron express Brazilian Smooth.
- 3-Pack sample of Garnier Fructis Full and Plush shampoo, conditioner, and Voluptuous Blowout
- 4 Packages mens razors
- 2 Packages women’s razors
- 2 72 Count bottle of Equate antacids
- 2 72 Count bottle of Rolaids
- 1.2 Fluid ounce Herbal Essences Body Wash, Body Burst with Citrus Essence
- 1.7 Fluid ounce Olay Sensitive Unscented Body Wash
- 3-Pack Natural Infusions with Awapuhi Ginger & Honeysuckle shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in cream
- Sample of Organic Hemp Pro Fiber
- 2 Full size bottles of SoftSoap Body Wash
- Sample of Eucerin Lotion
- 2 Prilosec OTC samples
- Sample of dish soap
- Sample of laundry detergent
Some of these products I buy anyway. Some I plan to buy in the future, but I do prefer to try things before spending my money on them.
What have you received to try? Let us know below, or email me at email@example.com. I respond to all emails.