There are some items that should be kept in the pantry . Stocking up when these items are on sale is the best way to go. A frugal pantry is a good pantry.
What we will need will depend on our families likes and dislikes, but here is a basic list that can get you started:
- Brown sugar
- Confectioners sugar
- Baking soda, powder and cocoa
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, oregano and rosemary
- Cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- Cloves, vanilla and peppermint extracts
- A variety of beans, pastas and rices
- Powdered milk
- Canned soups, tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste
- Cornstarch and cornmeal
This is just to get you started.
What items do you find necessary?