On page 10 of Amy’s book The Complete Tightwad Gazette, she discusses 10 ways to save $100.00 in one year. I am not going to list all of the ways here, however, I would like to write about the methods that she mentions that I use:
- I purchase a lot of our clothing at thrift stores and yard sales. I taught my daughters the art of shopping this way when they were young, so they are okay with the clothes being cheap.
- Hanging laundry outside during nice weather gives it a fresh scent that is pleasing.
- I no longer drink a 2 liter of soda every day.
- I bake bread and other foods from scratch during the colder weather months.
- While my family does not drink cows milk, we do drink soy milk. This is more expensive than regular milk. We found out that we should be drinking only 24 ounces of milk a day per person, rather than three whole glasses of the stuff. We drink no more than that in a day, and less at times.
What can you do without or reduce the use of to save $100.00 this year? Let us know in the comments. Maybe the information will be helpful to all of us.