On page 9 of The Complete Tightwad Gazette, Amy discusses the reasons why people find it hard to save money and how they can start doing so.
By saving money, we are referring to saving money on goods, not for savings at this point. Obviously, if you are spending all of your money on necessities, there is no money for a savings yet.
While there are a few items that I will not purchase second hand, these are generally big ticket items. The way that I am saving in order to be able to afford these items is by saving money elsewhere.
- I am using coupons when they will really save me money.
- I buy from Dollar stores only when the item is of good quality.
- I have cut back on disposable items.
- I have cut back on the amount of processed foods that we eat.
- I try not to purchase anything unnecessary.
- I have a yardsale most years.
What do you do to save money?