Do you have a stockpile of plastic shopping bags? There are many things that you can do with these bags. Consider these options:
- They make great trash bags.
- You can reuse them at the store. Our grocery store gives us .05 for every bag that we reuse.
- You can take them to the grocery store (if yours participates) and put them in the recycling bin.
- Use them to carry things that you are donating in.
- Have your children use them to pack what they want to take with them when they are spending a night with a friend.
- Use them when cleaning out litter boxes.
- Use them as bags for dog bombs: Scoop the poop.
Do you have a stockpile of washed out sandwich, quart size and gallon size zipper bags? They can be used for:
- You can use them when scooping out the litter box.
- You can use them to store cards or other small games.
- You can use them to put soap, toothbrushes and toothpast in when you are going to be away from home.
- You can reuse them for food.
- You can use them to store projects.
There are other types of plastic bags that are also useful when scooping out litter boxes:
- Cereal box liner bags
- Bread bags
- Resealable bags that freezer food comes in.
- English muffin bags
- Produce bags
These make great trash bags:
- Large plastic shopping bags
- Zippered bags that comforters and such come in.
- Compost/Dirt bags
- Ice melt bags
- The plastic from toilet paper and paper towel packages.
Do you have any other ideas for reusing bags? If so, please post them in the comments. Thank you.