Okay, so it is a while before the holidays will be here. I know. But I am preparing for this now. Here are some of the things that I have done/will be doing:
1. I spoke to family and friends and told them that we would not be doing much – same as every other year.
2. We cut 1 holiday party out all together, and will be spending time with friends rather than focusing on gifts. We have agreed to just do something small for gifts.
3. I have been yard saling, and have come across some things very cheaply that will be used as gifts. I had planned on giving all of the holiday items that I had been picking up to my daughter for her first apartment (she will be moving soon), but I will choose a couple and give the rest to others. Here is what I found:
- 2 sets of brand new holiday plate sets.
- Many ornaments that can be divvied up.
- Holiday kitchen towel sets.
- Holiday lights.
I paid less than $10.00 for everything.
4. I had purchased cute decorative kitchen towels, pot holders, etc., at Wal*Mart after Christmas for 10 cents each, that were going to look really cute in my kitchen, but I will give them away as gifts as well.
5. While helping a neighbor move, I acquired a variety of very nice necklaces, bracelets and earrings. I will give these to my daughters.
6. I am hoping to get a bunch of people to help me to put together a care package for my daughter who is moving. It will hold food, cleaners, shampoo, etc., and it will be from all of us.
7. I may make homemade mini cakes and hot cocoa packets for my nieces and nephews. There are many.
8. I have also collected many candles at yard sales. My nephew and I will be collected flowers from nature and drying them. I have some ribbon that we can use to tie the dried flowers around the candles for a decorative touch. I paid less than $5.00 and have quite the overabundance of candles.
I still have some considerations to make, and will let you know if I come up with any other ideas.