The only things that we actually recycle are returnables. We do not have a vehicle, and we do not have mandatory recycling pick-up because we live in a privately owned park. There are some other things that we do, though:
* We get what newspapers that we need from my mother. When we are done with them, I use them in the garden.
* Whenever I have something that I do not need, I do one of the following:
Offer it to someone else.
Deliver it to a thrift shop.
Bring it to the food cupboard.
Have a yard sale.
Put it out by the road with a free sign.
* I purchase as much as I can second hand.
* I reuse things when I can.
* I use egg shells in the garden.
* I use water from doing dishes and cooking pasta, eggs and vegetables in the garden.
I know that there is more that I can be doing, and I will work on them things.