Well, I don’t have a pattern as I have not quilted anything yet. My sister is quilting using our father’s clothes and store bought fabric. Our father passed away a year-and-a-half ago, and she is making us memory pieces.
I was thinking that we could do different things with old clothes, and here are some ideas for fabric to use:
* Old Jeans would be great to use for boys, or cowgirls.
* Used baby clothes would be great for making baby things.
* Christmas clothing could be used for making holiday items. Likewise with other holidays.
Here are some ideas for projects:
* Quilts, lap quilts and wall quilts.
* Tote bags and purses.
* Curtains, drapes and blinds.
* Place mats, pot holders, coasters and oven mitts.
* Table runners and doilies.
* Tree skirts, stockings and ornaments.
* Pillow shams/cases, throw pillows.
* Quilted clothing for babies.
Where to get the old clothes:
* Anything that you or your children no longer want, or grow out of.
* Yard/garage sales.
* Dollar stores.
These projects can all be done relatively frugally if done right.