There are frugal things that you can do with old clothes, sheets, pillow cases and other items that will help you more cheaply decorate baby rooms, and young children’s rooms, as well as to help clothe them.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
* Homemade mittens, scarves and hats from your old sweaters and fleece items.
* Homemade curtains and valances from sheets and pillowcases.
* Homemade baby sheets from bigger sheets.
* Home dresses for little girls from pillow cases.
* Boys and girls in our family use adult size tee shirts as night shirts.
* Jean pockets make cute purses for little girls, or can be glued to a notebook to hold crayons or other items.
Have more ideas? Please post them here.